Using a collection of basic LEGO™ bricks and accompanied teaching materials, educators can teach cross-cutting concepts pertaining to biology, chemistry, and earth science and meets the Next Generation of Science Standards (NGSS).
With this set, it is possible to experience additional chemical reactions modeled with LEGO™ bricks. The students build the reactants and products using a layout mat.
- Epson salt and ammonia reaction mat
- Iron and oxygen reaction (rusting) mat
- Baking soda and vinegar reaction mat
- Trichloroethylene pollution cleanup mat
- Toxic mercury in our environment mat
- Vog (volcanic smog) mat